DevOps is a fast growing field – a movement. Like any new technological advancement or new ‘movement’ that takes the Application Delivery world by storm, learning about DevOps is like drinking from a firehose. My series on Understanding DevOps is geared towards executives, decision makers and practitioners who are new to the field, are learning the terminology and attempting to cut thru the fluff and hype and get to the meat and potatoes (did I miss any idiom?). My attempt is to do exactly that – present a tool and technology agnostic description of the field and advances thereof. I will from time to time talk about technologies and tools that are relevant to the field of DevOps, but will try to keep an un-biased perspective (Full disclosure – I work for IBM).
The series so far:
- Understanding DevOps – Part 1: Defining DevOps
- Understanding DevOps – Part 2: Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Understanding DevOps – Part 3: The Battle of Dev vs Ops
- Understanding DevOps – Part 4: Continuous Testing and Continuous Monitoring
- Understanding DevOps – Part 5: Infrastructure as Code
- Adopting DevOps – Part I: Begin with the Why
- Adopting DevOps – Part II: The Need for Organizational Change
- Adopting DevOps – Part III: Aligning Dev and Ops Teams
- What is Water-SCRUM-Fall?
- Leveraging DevOps in a water-SCRUM-fall world
- Best Practices of Mobile DevOps
- Video and Slides from my Mobile DevOps session at MoDevEast 2012
- Monetate’s 12-step program for Continuous Delivery
- There is no such thing as ‘DevOps for Mobile Apps’!
- The State of DevOps (by PuppetLabs)
- DevOps for Mobile Apps – Slides from IBM Pulse 2013
- Chef for DevOps – An Introduction